Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cozumel Bound

Iron Man Cozumel Bound

For my one or two followers I thought I would start this post off a  little different. First off I figured I would use a new word for the first word. That might throw at least one of you off.

I had thought about writing about all my various training events as I had promised in my last post but when I really thought about it my head started to hurt. So I am starting new one and hopefully if for no one else besides me I will have some better stories or whatever for what I am doing now.

Obviously I have been horrible with training over the years and have only recently started training again seriously, it had been well over a year since I really did anything significant and in the meantime my pants, shirts, shorts, hell even my underwear seemed to be getting smaller. Then I went out and bought some new clothes and they started to not fit anymore either. Enough is enough already and to top it off I had started smoking as well so that made it even more difficult to get in the mindset of exercising. The killer was earlier this year while in Hawaii trying to body board on some shore break waves I fell through the wave as I was trying to pull off, landed and SNAP, broken Fibula. This was the same leg as my Tibia stress fracture.

I couldn't initially even pick the best reason to start again. Would it be the button popping off the jeans as I am trying to stretch them so I can sit down or the fact that I can get winded walking up some stairs. Take your pick I am done. In the end it came down to finally deciding to do the Iron Man which was a bucket list item before turning 40 and just trying to be healthy overall again. Turns out the only one I could register for that was remotely close was Cozumel, not too bad of a place for a first one.

My first triathlon since my debacle in 2008 with my open water panic attack for the Mountain Man sprint. Guess where my Debut is? Yes the Mountain Man but I am going for broke here in my vendetta against this event and am doing the Olympic distance this time.

And there it is nothing special just random crap with a purpose in mind. I will try to post more as my training progresses, I am using a coach this time to get it done right so we will see. Stay tuned for more later.

Oh and don't forget to check out the Rocky Point adventures, this was when I blew two tires and rims in Mexico and had to hobble on my broken legs with a couple of local to find some tires. The movies are with my wife Katie, a friend Katie and my sister re-enacting the event while I am gone and some other bits that are quite funny. ENJOY

No comments: